F5, H5, A5, F4, F2
Our professional component packages (kits) make it easy and fun to build a mandolin or mandola! “Kits” are available at three different levels of completion and include: bent rib sets; fully shaped block sets; fully carved, graduated, shaped, and profiled soundboard and backboard; fully shaped necks; slotted and profiled fretboards; truss rod and peghead scroll strengthener installed; ebony veneer attached; peghead shaped; real celluloid binding, and more. A copy of The Ultimate Bluegrass Mandolin Construction Manual comes with each kit. Click here for detailed view of F5 kit, here for detailed view of A5 kit, here for detailed view of F4 kit, here for detailed view of an F5 made from our components, or here for a detailed view of an F4 made from our components.
1) To satisfy your personal needs and OPTIONS, our kits are prepared on an order-by-order basis. Please allow 10 working days for us to process your order, gather and prepare choice components for your kits, package carefully, and ship to you.
2) The F5 kits come with The Ultimate Bluegrass Mandolin Construction Manual that includes a full set of F5 drawings (therefore, no separate ProSeries F5 Drawings are included).
3) The A5 kits are patterned after the original Loar-signed A5 and include a set of ProSeries DA5 Drawings plus The Ultimate Bluegrass Mandolin Construction Manual.This is a great kit for first-time builders because of the absence of body and peghead scrolls. (For more information about this A5 mandolin, see Loar Contributions.)
4) The F4 kits contain a set of ProSeries DF4 Drawings plus The Ultimate Bluegrass Mandolin Construction Manual.
5) The F2 kit is basically a simplified version of the F4 since the F2 has no binding around the peghead or backboard of the instrument. This model also features a plain maple backboard and plain maple rib set (both with mild curly figure).
6) Substitutions/Options: Want Adirondack instead of Sitka, or radiused fretboard instead of flat? No problem. You can select other components from our parts list to substitute in your kit. Email or call us with your desired components and we will show you how to calculate the kit price with the options, or click here to see a basic of some of the options we provide.
7) Our #700 F5 kit, #720 H5 kit, and #705 A5 kit now come with real celluloid white/black/white binding (.060″ thick, comprised of .015″ white / .015″ black / .030″ grained ivroid). NEW: #700, #705, and #720 kits now include celluloid white/black/white (from SIDE) fretboard binding as on original instruments.
8) If you have already purchased The Ultimate Bluegrass Mandolin Construction Manual or if this is a subsequent kit order and you already have the book, please remind us to NOT to send you a second book, and you may deduct $31.45 from the kit price. ($31.45 is the discounted price of the book when you buy it as part of a kit).
9) What tools and materials do you need?… please click here for a list of What You’ll Need
10) Thinking about tap tuning? … click here for more information about Tap tuning tools and equipment
11) Are you thinking about making an unusual instrument? Click here for Hybrid Mandolin Kits.
Questions? We will gladly answer your specific questions about the selection of various options, and building your kit, and we look forward to communicating with you. But before you write or call us, you may want to click here to read some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about our mandolin kits. Got more questions? Don’t hesitate to call us: 805.365.7111, Mon-Fri, 9:00-5:00,PST (California time)
Click here to learn more about the differences between F5, A5, and F4 mandolins
Click here to see detailed photos of an F5 made from our components.
Click here to see detailed photos of an F4 made from our components.
Click here to return to Siminoff Banjo and Mandolin Parts & Services index page
For a printed version of our complete price list, please email us with your full address, or write to us at Siminoff Banjo and Mandolin Parts, PO Box 2992, Atascadero, CA 93423, USA.